The first step in the process is to create a new event. For instructions on how-to, please read How to Post an Event article. Once your event has been created, you can now set up registrations. Navigate to your event, then click on the Tickets icon on the left-hand side of your event details.
If this is the first time you're setting it up, the system will create a brand new blank Tickets/Registration configuration for you. If you have already configured and sold tickets for one of your prior events, you will be given an option to either create a new blank registration or to copy it from one of your events.
A new menu will be shown (under "Tickets" heading) that will allow you to configure all of your registration parameters from attendance limits, sales dates, wait lists to tickets, discounts, and questions you want to ask your attendees. The following tabs in the Setup screen are designed to help with:
1. Registration - overall sales parameters, limits, sales dates, wait lists, etc.
2. Tickets - allows you to specify ticket types and prices that you want to offer to your attendees
3. Questions - allows you to create registration questions (food choices, special requests, etc) to ask from your attendees
4. Discounts - lets you configure various discounts that you can offer. From individual and bulk to group sales and sliding scales, this screen has it all
5. Add-on options - allows you to set up additional optional purchases for your attendees. These can be books, CD's, optional contributions, etc that people can buy in addition to the ticket
6. Website Integration - gives you choices on how to integrate your website with your registration screen on My Event Guru
7. Notifications - allows you to configure email notifications to stay abreast of your event attendance / sales progress.
Ensure that you are on the "Setup" menu as shown below. Click on the "Tickets" tab (circled below). Click on "Add Ticket" to create a new ticket type. You can create as many ticket types as desired - there are no limitations. To edit an already existing ticket, click on the ticket title or on the pencil icon to the right of the corresponding ticket (in the Actions column)