If you are an organization that has members, you might want to integrate your membership database with our systems to realize some key benefits:
To enable membership database synchronization, please following these steps:
1. Log in
2. Mouse over 'My Account' link in the upper right and then click on 'Profile' link
3. Click on 'Member Info' icon on the left-hand side
Your screen should have the following tabs:
The three tabs in this section are:
1. File Settings - allows you to change all relevant settings for file upload as well as test the format and manually upload the file
2. Members Listing - allows you to see members that are uploaded into our system
3. Upload History - displays audit trail of uploaded member history
Click 'Edit Settings' link to configure all relevant details about your file. All of the settings are pretty self-explanatory but a couple deserve additional mention:
1. Manual and automatic upload. You can manually upload your membership file to our system at any time. However, if you specify a value in "File URL (for pull requests)" field then our system will attempt to load the file for the URL provided at the time you specified. This feature can be used to set up periodic, such as daily, sync between your system and our portal.
2. Record processing rules. You can specify how we should process the records in the file. If you are always loading complete member files from your system, consider choosing to delete existing records and reload. If you want to perform an update on a small set of members, change the setting to 'Do not delete records. Add new records from file'
3. Primary Id. Make sure you set this value to the column that is the unique identifier for your member record. It could be their membership id or unique database id pointer. You will pass this value to us later in order to use API's or integrate member-specific widgets on your website.
Once you defined all of your columns and processing rules, you can check to make sure that the definitions you provided actually match your membership file. Click on 'Test File Format' and select your file, then press Upload. You will see the first 10 records on the screen and can verify whether the settings are configured correctly for processing.