Absolutely. Surveys can be standalone as well as integrated with the event. You can connect your survey and event together in two ways:
1. If you are on the main event page, click on the Survey icon on the left and create a new survey. That will automatically link the two together.
2. If you already have a survey, go to that survey's setup screen and click on the 'Event Integration' tab on the right. You will be able to select which event this survey belongs to from there.
Survey that is connected to the event functions pretty much just as any stand-alone survey. However, there are some additional features that become available to you :
1. You will also be able to override survey start/end dates to be based on event dates
2. You will be able to automatically distribute survey invites to people who attended your event (and specify which segments should be sent to the one who attended vs the ones who didn't)
3. You can choose to have Survey link show up at the bottom of your event page